More and more people are specifying that when they die, their bodies are simply to be cremated with no ceremony or service. This is sometimes known as direct cremation.
We are therefore able to offer an extremely simple service to anyone who requests this.
Our ‘no funeral’ funeral, or direct cremation, includes the following:
- Bringing the person who has died into our care from a local place of death during normal office hours
- Our professional services and making all the arrangements for the cremation
- The supply of a simple, standard-sized coffin suitable for cremation
- Use of our chapel of rest and visits thereto as required (during office hours) ***NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC***
- Transport of the deceased to the crematorium in a dignified manner
- Cremation at Cambridge Crematorium (direct cremation fee)
- Collection of the cremated remains from the crematorium, if requested
- A notice on our website to inform others of the death and arrangements for donations
- Doctors’ fee(s) for the legal cremation certificates (see below)
If the coroner is involved and there is a post mortem, the cost is reduced by £82, making the overall cost of the service £1,413.00
If you call us out when the office is not open (ie not between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday) there will be an additional charge of £175.00.
For more information about our direct cremation service, please visit our dedicated website www.simpledirectcremation.co.uk
If you really don’t mind which crematorium you use, if you don’t need to know a precise time for committal, and you want to save yourself even more money, please see A ‘No Funeral’ Funeral – Using a Distant Crematorium
We are still flexible about everything, so please ask if you have any questions at all. Telephone us on St Neots (01480) 471001 or Huntingdon (01480) 412938 or use our St Neots contact page or our Huntingdon contact page for other methods of communication.
We do ask that the full cost of the service is paid by debit card or BACS transfer before the arrangements are confirmed. We regret that due to the high fees levied by credit card companies, credit card payment for a direct cremation can not be accepted.
This is a fixed-price funeral, and must be paid in full before the cremation takes place. If for any reason our account is not settled before the cremation takes place, we reserve the right to revert our reduced professional fee to our full professional fee of £1,495.00.