More and more people are specifying that when they die, their bodies are simply to be cremated with no ceremony or service. This is sometimes known as direct cremation.
We are therefore able to offer an extremely simple service to anyone who requests this.
Our ‘no funeral’ funeral, or direct cremation, includes the following:
- Bringing the person who has died into our care from a local place of death during normal office hours
- Our professional services and making all the arrangements for the cremation
- The supply of a simple, standard-sized coffin suitable for cremation
- Use of our chapel of rest and visits thereto as required (during office hours)
- Transport of the deceased to the crematorium in a dignified manner
- Attendance of a funeral director and necessary staff at Cambridge or Bedford Crematorium
- Collection of the cremated remains from the crematorium, if requested
- A notice on our website to inform others of the death and arrangements for donations
- Use of Cambridge Crematorium at 4.45pm or Bedford Crematorium at 8.45am on a day to suit everyone involved
- Doctors’ fees for the legal cremation certificates (see below)
If the coroner is involved and there is a post mortem, the cost is reduced by £164, making the overall cost of the service £1,767.00
For more information about our direct cremation service, please visit our dedicated website www.simpledirectcremation.co.uk
If you really don’t mind which crematorium you use, and want to save yourself even more money, please see A ‘No Funeral’ Funeral – Using a Distant Crematorium
We are still flexible about everything, so please ask if you have any questions at all. Telephone us on St Neots (01480) 471001 or Huntingdon (01480) 412938 or use our St Neots contact page or our Huntingdon contact page for other methods of communication.
We do ask that the full cost of the service is paid by debit card or BACS transfer before the arrangements are confirmed. We regret that due to the high fees levied by credit card companies, credit card payment for a direct cremation can not be accepted.