More and more people are specifying that when they die, their bodies are simply to be cremated with no ceremony or service. This is sometimes known as direct cremation.
We are therefore able to offer an extremely simple service to anyone who requests this.
Our ‘no funeral’ funeral, or direct cremation, using a non-local crematorium, includes the following:
- Bringing the person who has died into our care from a local place of death during normal office hours
- Our professional services and making all the arrangements for the cremation
- Use of our chapel of rest and visits thereto as required (during office hours)
- A notice on our website to inform others of the death
- Transport of the deceased to the crematorium in a dignified manner
- The cremation fee at a crematorium approximately 100 miles from St Neots and Huntingdon
- Local delivery of the cremated remains to you after the cremation (or you can collect them from either of our offices)
- Doctors’ fees for the legal cremation certificates (see below)
If the coroner is involved and there is a post mortem, the cost is reduced by £164, making the overall cost of the service £1,200.00.
If you call us out when the office is not open (ie not between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday) there will be an additional charge of £175.00.
If you’d prefer to use a local crematorium (Cambridge or Bedford) please see A ‘No Funeral’ Funeral – Keeping Everything Local
We are still flexible about everything, so please ask if you have any questions at all. Telephone us on St Neots (01480) 471001 or Huntingdon (01480) 412938 or use our St Neots contact page or our Huntingdon contact page for other methods of communication.
We do ask that the full cost of the service is paid by debit card or BACS transfer before the arrangements are confirmed. We regret that due to the high fees levied by credit card companies, credit card payment for a direct cremation can not be accepted.